ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Thursday, August 30, 2012

Farewell A-Rod

Andy Roddick after winning US Open 2003

Andy Roddick is my favorite tennis player before Djokovic came.  I grew up idolizing him and Serena Williams.  It's sad to see him leave the world of tennis.  I know I'm not really looking forward on seeing him play on TV but it sucks that I won't be able to see him play live. I'm watching Shanghai on October and I don't think I'll be able to see him there because he'll be retiring by the end of his US Open campaign.  

I started playing tennis in 2001 but I started watching tennis in 2003.  The first ever tennis match that I saw on TV was the US Open semi finals of Andy Roddick and David Nalbandian wherein Andy Roddick fought back from almost being deafeated.  After seeing how awesome he was, I decided to wake up at 3am just to watch his finals against Juan Carlos Ferrero which he won 6-3 7-6 6-3.  Andy Roddick ended up being the World Number 1 beating Federer in the ranking for 2003 TEE HEE.

Every year I'm always hoping that Roddick will add more grandslam trophies to his collection.  What I didn't know is that his maiden grandslam title is his last grandslam title.  Anyway he's lucky to achieve 2 of the most important milestone in his tennis career, winning a grandslam and reaching #1.

After losing the ranking to Federer, he's the world number 2 until Nadal came in 2005. Andy Roddick started to fade away.  It's in 2007 that I found a new tennis player to idolize when Andy Roddick is somewhere out there but still awesome.  I still use him in Top Spin 2, Virtua Tennis 3, Smash Court Tennis 2, and all other tennis computer games.  I used to hit with a Babolat Pure Drive Roddick.

Now Roddick's gone, Novak Djokovic is still my favorite tennis player. Serena Williams' my favorite female tennis player and I'm still awesome (Labo sabaw)

No comments:

Post a Comment