ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Singapore Experience 2012

My 1st day in Singapore. 01-01-2012


Living outside my home country for 6 months changed me a lot.   The way I think and how I look at the world.  My country is an awesome one. We have a lot of nice natural resources. However, I really don't understand why people can't follow simple rules but I still believe these people are awesomeand they can change for the better. My 6 months stay in Singapore changed me positively.  In Manila, I just cross everywhere I want. I just eat and drink inside the train or bus.  In Singapore, I'm different. I follow every rules. I don't throw my trash everywhere. I'm a better person.

My awesome colleague.
For those who do not know, I was an intern in Robert Bosch Singapore for 6 months.  At first, It was really hard working in an unfamiliar environment.  What makes it harder is that I don't understand Singlish accent! However, the feeling is mutual! They don't understand my accent as well.  As time passed by, I got used to their accent and I slowly shifted to Singlish/British/Filipino accent haha.
Poppy(Left) and Sharmain (Right) in Merlion Park.
To be honest, I don't think I'll survive Singapore without these 2 person.  Sharmain is my classmate in DLSU who joined me in my internship.  She's my translator during the first few weeks when I cannot understand anyone.  She's one of the person I talk to in the office whenever I want to speak in Filipino. I learned a lot from her and I think she learned a lot from me as well.  She's also my travel buddy.  We traveled together to Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand.  Poppy on the other hand is our Indonesian friend who grew up in the United States. What made us click is that Poppy understands us with our Filipino Accent! ahahah. Poppy is actually my best bud in Singapore. We usually go out to eat or watch movies together with other interns from Bosch. I usually invite her to roam around Singapore whenever Sharmain is out there busy doing something.  I'm looking forward in seeing her again soon :) Hopefully this Feb 2013 :). Before I forget, I still need to add Samantha in this blog. She's the one in purple top in the photo above our photo in Merlion.  She's our fellow intern in the marketing department.  She's my friend/enemy in the office.  She's a kind person even though I'm mean to her sometimes but she's also mean to me so the feeling is mutual. She's my table tennis buddy.

That's all for now. I shall add more when I got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment