ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Sunday, November 9, 2014

Why I love traveling

Growing up, I never imagined going out of the country every now and then.  From the day I was born till 2010, the only countries I've been to were Hong Kong and the United States of America.  It was in 2010 when it became a yearly tradition to leave the country every September just in time for my term break in De La Salle University.  

In 2010, my Dad decided to bring us to Singapore for a vacation.  In 2011, we went to Seoul, South Korea. In 2012, my Dad joined me in my supposed solo trip to Taipei. In 2013, Me and my aunt went to Vietnam and Cambodia.  Who would've thought that for 4 consecutive years I'll be going on vacation every September. Not until 2014 when I started working and I kept on thinking twice if I should go on a vacation again.

Enough of my September tradition, it was in 2012 when I became addicted to traveling. It was the year when I spent most of the days outside my home country. Last January 2012, I got an opportunity to be an intern in Singapore for 6 months. During my stint in Singapore, I grab all the opportunity to go out of the country. I traveled almost every month. I've been to Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Thailand. When I went back to the Philippines in June 2012, I thought it was over but then I became more addicted to traveling by going back to Singapore in July, Taiwan in September, and China in October. I also booked a flight to Brunei for November but decided to ditch it to save up for another trip.  I ended 2012 with a 22 day trip to Singapore-Malaysia-Australia.

In 2013, is a bit lie low compared to 2012. I visited Australia, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Singapore. BTW another trivia about myself, the last time I spent New Year in the Philippines was last January 1, 2011.  I believe that by being out of the country during new year will bless you with many more travels ;).

I typed a lot of things but it's not addressing the title. See below for the list of why I love traveling
  • I love the feeling of being in an Airport
  • I love riding the Airplane
  • I want to meet new people
  • I want to learn new culture
  • I want to get lost in a foreign city
  • I want to escape reality
People will say it's a waste of time and money but for me traveling is a lifelong experience. Something I will cherish my whole life. Traveling made me a better person believe it or not. I will not be this awesome without all the traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment