ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Sunday, November 9, 2014

Best Tourist Destination in Asia

When people ask me what's a good country to visit around Asia, I usually have one answer to them.  To be fair, I don't recommend Philippines and Singapore to them because I consider these two countries as my home.  I've been to different countries in Asia namely: Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Taiwan.  Out of all these countries, I believe South Korea is the best. There are several reasons why I love South Korea above others. Allow me to explain as this blog progresses.

#1 Weather
The weather of South Korea is way different than what we Filipinos got used to.  They have four seasons. You can experience Snow if you go to Korea during Winter season.  I suggest going to Korea during Spring or Fall hehe.  I'm not really a big fan of single digit temperature.  Other Asian Countries may be too hot or too cold.  Weather is an important factor.  You might have a hard time going around if it's too cold or too hot.  In addition, some attractions might be close.

I'll give the best weather to Japan and Korea.

#2 Expenses
I can say that Korea may be a bit expensive than Manila but it is way cheaper than Japan.  I can say Korea and Japan are almost the same but the cost made Korea way better than Japan.  Japan really empty your wallet. The minimum fare when riding the subway in Korea will be around 30Php while in Japan it's around 60Php.  It may still be expensive but Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore's MRT/MTR system are the best I've seen.  It's way better than Malaysia and Philippines. I believe you guys know that Tokyo and Osaka are the two most expensive city in the world.  Seoul is actually cheap you can find a decent spacious accommodation for a good price.  I highly suggest Namsan Guesthouse on this one.  It's right in front of Myeongdong (shopping district) and Namdaemun is just around 5-10mins walk.  Namdaemun is like Divisoria.  Everything's cheap!

Cost wise I believe Vietnam is the cheapest. :)

#3 Tourist Attraction
If Museums and Palaces are your thing, then Korea and Japan would be an awesome destination.  Gyeongbokgung was awesome!  Japan has its own palaces as well.  Thailand also have good temples! Taiwan also. You can also try DMZ tour in Seoul.  It's a tour that will bring you to the border of North and South Korea :)

Best Tourist Attraction : South Korea, Japan and Thailand

#4 Theme Park
I'm a thrill seeker. I love theme park. It's my dream to visit all the theme parks in the world.  Allow me to rank all the theme parks I've tried in Asia.

Top Themeparks in Asia
1. Everland - South Korea
2. Ocean Park - Hong Kong
3. Universal Studios Japan
4. Universal Studios Singapore
5. Disneyland Hong Kong
6. Lotte World - South Korea
7. Legoland - Malaysia
8. Enchanted Kingdom - Philippines
9. Genting Highlands- Malaysia
10. Star City - Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment