ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Top 5 US Cities so far.

As you all know, I've been to more than 20 states here in the United States during my visit. Most of it are in Central and East Coast. I'm gonna rank my Top 5 Cities. I'm still going to California and Nevada so the Ranking will definitely change.

Cities out of the Top 5 are
-Houston, TX
-Kinder, LA
-Lake Charles, LA
-St. Louis, MO
-Memphis, TN
-Howe, IN
-Cleveland, OH
-Philadelphia, PA
-State College, PA
-Newark, DE
-Newark, NJ
-Baltimore, MD
-Little Rock, AR
-Dallas, TX
-Texarkana, TX/AR


5. New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans
New Orleans is a very interesting place. It has good food, tourist spots, and culture.  I loved every single thing about the place. I loved bourbon street. I love the historical value of New Orleans. It's a food heaven. I bet New Orleans cuisine is  present everywhere. Talk about the Gumbo, Cajun, Jambalaya, and so on.

4.) Chicago, Illinois
Chicago Skyline
Even though Chicago is one of the best place I've been to, I decided to make it ranked #4. Primarily because of the killer weather of Chicago. I'm not kidding when I say it's cold it's really cold. The wind in Chicago is definitely not helping. Talk about wearing two gloves and it's not yet enough.  The times when I had to wait for the bus to arrive were the times I wish I could teleport to the Philippines just to experience the heat.  Anyway, Chicago has a lot of great tourist spots. It also has Six Flags but it won't be open till May.

3.) San Antonio, Texas/ Austin, Texas


I'm sure not a lot of people will agree but I really love San Antonio maybe because it's near my home base in the US. How I wish I can visit San Antonio every now and then. I strongly believe that San Antonio is the best Texan city followed by Austin then Houston. San Antonio is really good that if I'll be given a chance to choose what city in Texas I want to live in, it will be San Antonio. It's the most tourist friendly city in the Texas triangle (Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston). Public transportation was cheap and convenient too. Special buses have superfast wifi in it.


I also placed Austin as my 3rd favorite because of the uniqueness of Austin. I think young people will really enjoy Austin. There are a lot of things going on. You can go to the Capitol for some history. The artistic side of Austin is everywhere.  Food trucks are everywhere.

2.) Washington, District of Columbia

I always have low expectation when it comes to Capital Cities. Canberra, Australia made me feel that way. However, Washington DC was surprisingly good.  I only stayed there for a day but I felt like I stayed there for a week. Everything was good to see. Everyone looks professional too. There are also a lot of foreigners here because almost all embassies are here. The national mall was majestic. Lincoln Memorial was awesome and scary at the same time. The white house was small. I pictured it as a huge mansion. The Union Station was fantastic. I loved everything about Washington DC.

1. New York City, New York

NYPL
Despite being a very popular city, I was never a fan of New York. It's actually not included in my bucket list.  I hate expensive and crowded city. However, when I found an opportunity to visit New York I didn't think twice and I'm glad I went to New York. It officially become my favorite US City. I don't know why but it felt different from Tokyo. I expected it to be like Tokyo which I hate. I think I'm a bit biased to cities that host Grandslam tournament. I've always wanted to live in a city that hosts Grandslam tournaments.  Anyway, New York has everything I need in my life. Good atmosphere, sports, food, theme parks, park, and so on. Everything I want in life is in New York. I guess I need to start planing my way back to New York.!

No comments:

Post a Comment