ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi,

As you can see some of the photos are not working. I'm currently trying to retrieve those photos by exporting everything in Google Photos/Picasa. I'll fix it soon.


Monday, March 23, 2015

My 2 weeks Out of Texas Adventure



Hi Everyone. As you all know I went on a 2 weeks trip to the city of Chicago, New York, Washington DC, and Dallas. With a short stopovers in cities such as Memphis, Little Rock, St. Louis, Toledo, Cleveland, State College, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Newark. Visiting a total of 18 States in the US. This trip will not be successful and worthwhile without everyone who supported and helped me all throughout.

 
I've been staying in Houston, TX since November 2014 spending all great holidays there. I was supposed to go back last January but then my Aunt from New Zealand told me to extend. Upon the approval of my Aunt in TX, my dad, and last but not the least my money, I decided to extend my stay in the United States until May. Don't worry, I'll be leaving the country 2-3 weeks before the last day of my lawful presence in the US to embark to a new journey in another country.

Anyway, I told myself that since I extended my stay, I need to maximize it and visit other states here in the US. I immediately checked different airlines for possible cheap flights but I was left disappointed because a flight to Chicago or New York will cost me at least 300 to 600 usd which is totally out of the budget. I was looking at the 100usd budget for a round trip ticket. Luckily, I came across this awesome website called Wanderu.com and tried searching for bus tickets and to my surprise I was able to look for extremely cheap tickets to great cities of the United States. FYI Wanderu is just a search engine and it will redirect you to another website where you can purchase your ticket. I decided to go for Megabus because it's cheap and I've tried it already during my trips to Austin and New Orleans.

Anyway, after checking all the possible dates and connections I came up with the best 2 weeks trip itinerary ever!  This will probably be the cheapest and longest bus ride ever but I didn't care because of the amount of savings I got. Just to give you an idea of the deal I got please see below. The plane cost below is based on the cheapest possible flight for now. It can be lower depending on the season. It can go up to double or triple. Nevertheless, you cannot beat megabus' fare!! That's 90% savings! Any American can say that I really got a huge savings with transportation alone.



Anyway, during my 2 weeks trip, I usually sleep at my friend's house or in the bus since it's a very long ride. Just to give you an idea, taking a bus to New York from Houston is like taking a bus from Manila to Beijing haha. Of course it's assuming there's a bridge connecting the Philippines to Mainland China.

Anyway for my itinerary please see below (detailed itinerary will be posted in a separate blog post)

Day 1 Feb 28
-Houston, TX
-Dallas, TX
-Texarkana, TX/AR

Day 2 Mar 1
-Little Rock, AR
-Memphis, TN
-St. Louis, MO
-Chicago, IL

Day 3 Mar 2
-Howe, IN
-Toledo, OH
-Cleveland, OH
-State College, PA
-New York City, NY

Day 4 Mar 3
-Baltimore, MD
-Philadelphia, PA
-Newark, DE
-Washington, DC
-New York City, NY

Day 5 Mar 4
-New York City, NY

Day 6 Mar 5
-New York City, NY
-State College, PA

Day 7 Mar 6
-Cleveland, OH
-Toledo, OH
-Howe, IN
-Chicago,IL

Day 8 Mar 7
-Chicago, IL

Day 9 Mar 8
-Chicago, IL

Day 10 Mar 9
-Chicago, IL
- St. Louis, MO
-Memphis, TN

Day 11 Mar 10
-Little Rock, AR
-Dallas, TX
-Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment